By: SVG Staff
Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 10:11 am
The London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) has launched the free Official London 2012 Join In app. The app will help London 2012 fans and spectators share their Games experience via social media. Key features of the app include comprehensive event listings for thousands of events across London and the UK, spectator information and interactive maps, and news and photos — all integrated with Facebook, Twitter, and FourSquare. The app also features a detailed Olympic Torch Relay route, including a Torch tracker, Torchbearer details, and information on evening celebrations.
CLICK HERE to download the app now.
The Official London 2012 Results app will be released in June, providing all the latest news, schedules, and results, allowing users to keep up-to-date with the latest action live across all Olympic sports and Paralympic sports. This app will also be free.
“This app is a great example of how we are bringing the Games to life for a new generation, inspiring people around the world to get involved,” says Seb Coe, chair of LOCOG. “As the Games get closer, we encourage people everywhere to share their Olympic experience with the world, whether they have tickets for a sporting event or not.”
In addition to the Official London 2012 Join In and Results apps, LOCOG has will deploy several other digital tools:
- The IOC’s Olympic Athletes’ Hub (http://hub.olympic.org) launched in April, a directory of verified athlete social media accounts, with rewards for active fans and exclusive content.
- The London 2012 Games-time website (http://www.london2012.com), which will provide comprehensive results and Games information. The site is fully accessible, including content in British Sign Language and easyread formats.
- Enhanced London 2012 presences on Facebook and Twitter, including many new accounts, sports, and image feeds.
- A Twitter-based competitive tweeting challenge.
- Visualisations and infographics.
- Official London 2012 mobile, online, and social games.