By: Andy Stout
Thursday, March 1, 2012 - 2:14 pm
ESPNsoccernet is expanding its online offering onto mobile platforms with the debut of ESPNsoccernet on iOS. Initially in English-language only, Android, Windows Phone 7 and Symbian devices are to follow.
The app joins ESPN’s range of mobile sporting content, including the ESPNF1 and ESPNcricinfo apps. According to the broadcaster, key features of the new ESPNsoccernet application include:
· Personalization: Football fans can personalize the app by their favorite leagues, teams and tournaments they want to follow. This makes it simple for fans to view all the scores from their favorite teams across leagues in a single window. Personalization also groups all news about the various teams a fan wants to follow. Fans can check scores and news from multiple leagues via simple switching off tabs.
· Exclusive Video & Audio: Access to ESPNsoccernet’s range of video and podcasts including ESPNsoccernet Press Pass podcast, plus, video content from ESPN’s studio-based discussion and analysis shows and other video content dependent on territory.
· Push Notification: Scores, half time and full time result alerts delivered to device screens.
· Comprehensive Football Coverage: The latest football news and features, as well as live scores, commentary, match stats, fixtures and results, league tables, player and club profiles. Major leagues from the UK, Europe and across the world will be covered, as well as internationals and all major tournaments.
· Intuitive Design: The app has been built around the principle that football fans need to access scores and news very quickly. The app features a simple, clear interface that allows fans to switch quickly between multiple leagues and scores in a personalized area of the app.